If you have a child who would like to join the waitlist for any of the groups for 2024, please add their name to the waitlist. If you have any questions, please contact Karlana at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mount Players Youth Theatre
Important information about the classes:
- Classes run for 1.5 hours during school terms:
- All workshops take place at the Mountview Theatre, 56 Smith Street, Macedon, next to Jubilee Hall.
- Maximum class size for each Group is 20 students.
- The fee per term for 2023, payable prior to each term, is $200.00. This may be revised for 2024.
- Once enrolled, students are given the option to enrol each year before anyone on the waitlist and can stay until the end of the year after Yr 12/19 years old.
- Students enrolled this year will be given preferential enrolment in 2024.
There are 3 classes:
- Group A, for 10-12-year olds is on Mondays 5.00pm - 6.30pm
- Group B, for 13-15-year olds is on Mondays 6.45pm - 8.15pm
- Group C, for 16-18-year-olds is on Tuesdays 5.30pm - 7.00pm
Meet the Teachers
Kerry knows The Mount Players Youth Theatre extremely well having led some of our workshops for 6 years from 2008 to 2014, when she directed MPYT in their production ’Seussical'. She is an incredibly accomplished Drama teacher having taught from Prep to Year 12 as well as in non-school settings including currently running acting workshops at Props Theatre, Bendigo. Kerry's qualifications include a Bachelor of Theatre and Performance, Bachelor of Arts (Hons) and a Bachelor of Education. We are so excited to welcome Kerry back to our Youth Theatre with all the passion that she brings, and the nurturing, inclusive environment that she developed when she last worked with us.
Mark brings a wealth of experience with him to our Youth Theatre program. A graduate of the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts ( WAAPA), he has extensive experience over many years as an actor, director and teacher in theatre, film and television across Australia. Mark was was the Senior Acting Tutor and Director at the Australian Academy of Dramatic Art in Sydney from 2002 - 2007 and Senior Acting Tutor and Director at the National Theatre Drama School in St Kilda from 2007-2011, becoming its Head of Acting from 2011-2013. TMPYT has grasped this wonderful opportunity for Mark to bring his experience, enterprise, network and boundless energy to our group.
The Mount Players Youth Theatre provides an engaging environment for students in the Macedon Ranges to learn new skills, make new friends and perform on stage.
All workshops take place at the Mountview Theatre, 56 Smith Street, Macedon, next to Jubilee Hall.
The workshops focus on stage acting, but include script writing, make-up & costumes, backstage etiquette, and for the older group, set design and construction and bio box.
We occasionally invite guest leaders for the night, who are people with a lot of experience in a particular area of theatre. These people have often been involved with The Mount Players for many years and share their expertise.
Opportunities also arise for youth members to be involved in the major productions at the theatre, both on and off stage. Previous examples include roles on TMP's The Sound of Music, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and The Offshore Island. Several MPYT members have also gone on to play lead roles in theatre productions as adults both at TMP and other theatres.
The MPYT is an exceptional way to boost your self-confidence and open yourself up to new experiences.